When you start your own web agency, it’s essential to have a plan for growth. However, in reality, marketing your web agency frequently becomes the project that ends up on the back burner. Since no one directly pays you for the time you spend building your web agency, you often push this task to the side. But you still have to spend the time to make your agency grow — no agency means no job.
You need a plan and a set of useful tools to grow your web agency. Try the below recommendations. If you find that you’re still stuck, contact us! We’ll be happy to help take a load off your plate so you can focus on delivering awesome service to your clients – both existing and new.
Five Tips to Help You Grow Your Web Agency
1.- Determine your flagship service. Maybe you offer multiple services. Which one makes you truly unique? Which are you best at? Focus on these flagship services during your marketing campaigns. Once you drive traffic to your site, you can always use cross-sell and upsell apps to help market your other offerings. The key is to generate traffic in the first place.
2. Find an exclusive approach for marketing your web agency. Not only do you need to provide a unique service in order to be competitive, but you also need to market your web agency in a way that makes you stand out. Whatever strategy you choose, make sure you put in your best effort and make it stunningly high-quality. Don’t cut corners!
3. Build lasting relationships. Your first clients can turn into some of your best marketing resources. Ask for testimonials and share them on your website and social media. As you expand your service offerings, make sure your former clients know about them. Maintain an email list for easy communication. But, don’t neglect your current clients! Keep up regular communication in the form of reports, which you should send out at least monthly.
4. Avoid bad clients. When you’re just starting out your agency, it’s very hard to be picky about clients. Make sure you know what your perfect client looks like and try your best to find people who fit that description. Try your best to avoid toxic clients by recognizing the warning signs. It is best to avoid clients who are not taking your advice or who don’t even try to understand your communications. Try to find as many good leads as you can. Not every client is worth it in the end, especially if they cause you mental, emotional or financial stress.
5. Monetize your website for extra income. While your main source of income will come from client work, you can also earn supplemental income by monetizing your website. This can help you grow your website by generating some money that you can reinvest into marketing or advertising efforts.
Seven Tools to Help You Grow Your Web Agency
There are thousands of tools in the market to help you grow your web agency, and each serves a unique purpose. These tools provide immense value and will save you tons of energy and time.
1.- Analytics tools. Google Analytics is the best tool to get insight into the performance of your website pages. It gives you a real-time analysis of your traffic. You’ll quickly identify who your customer is, how they navigate through your site funnel, where your visitors come from, how visitors find your site, and a whole lot of other vital information.
Other similar tools include Kissmetrics, Crazy Egg, and Woopra:
- Kissmetrics offers statistical data on the customer’s behavioral pattern. You’ll be able to identify where the customer is coming from, their product of interest and much more.
- Crazy Egg offers useful information to help you improve the user’s experience and increase the level of engagement on each web page.
- Woopra is a unique tool that improves conversion. The Woopra tool is indispensable for online shop owners.
2. Public relations management tool. The Internet is a large platform, and it’s quite difficult to monitor what your customers or fans are saying about you. With the use of Google Alerts, you’ll be able to get a hold of what others are saying about your agency on the web.
Creating Alerts is quite simple. And you can activate an alert for any keyword of your choice. Google Alerts helps you to keep track of your brand on the Internet. Also, you’ll readily respond to any complaints and promote helpful blog posts.
3. Email marketing campaign tools. Email marketing has proven to be a fantastic way of generating leads. There has been a 4% annual growth rate of emails, and it’s one of the best ways of connecting with your audience in a profound way.
Here are the top best email marketing tools:
- MailChimp: MailChimp is one of the best email marketing tools out there. Whether you’re just starting off or you want to scale up your marketing techniques, MailChimp is a great fit. The forever free plan is an ideal choice for beginners. Also, prices differ depending on the size of your email list.
- Marketo: If you’re looking for an advanced email marketing tool, then Marketo is for you. Marketo is an email marketing platform that provides an all-in-one solution for your business.
- Other email marketing tools are GetResponse, ActiveCampaign, and Emma.
4. SEO tools. Search engine optimization is a key component for any web agency. And any SEO tool should have these 5 fundamental features. SEO tools like SEMRush, Moz, and Screaming Frog will help you to carefully plan your marketing strategy and launch effective marketing campaigns for maximum impact.
That’s not all… You also get to do more in-depth research like keyword research, backlink analysis, PPC monitoring, and much more.
5. Graphic design and branding tools. If you’re still growing your web agency, it may be difficult to hire a graphic designer or outsource your work to an agency — and that’s not a problem.
Regardless of your project, Canva is a fantastic tool to help you create professional graphic designs for your agency. What’s more, there are over 8,000 templates to help you start off immediately. You can easily customize these templates to fit your business needs.
6. Social media marketing tools. Creating and scheduling posts and reviewing their performance on social media platforms can be a daunting task.
Interestingly, there are dozens of social media management tools available to you. HootSuite, Buffer, and Hubspot are some of the fantastic tools that will help you conquer the world of social media.
Check out our Ultimate List of 38 Social Media Management Tools to find one that works best for you.
7. General CRO tools. Conversion rate optimization is used to improve your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). In this process, an analysis is used to improve the performance of your website by:
- Gathering relevant data
- Creating verifiable hypothesis
- Testing the hypothesis
- Reviewing the results
- And measuring the effectiveness of the results
Tools such as Qualaroo, UserTesting, Hotjar, and Optimizely are the best conversion rate optimization tools.
If you’re wondering why a customer didn’t click or what section of your site resonant with them, you should do a user survey with Qualaroo. On the other hand, UserTesting helps you gain insights into the mind of your visitor. With the UserTesting tool, you will be able to monitor how a visitor navigates through your site in real time.
Growing your web agency can be a tedious task. However, with these five tips and seven tools, the job just got a little easier.
What advice or tools have proven to be most useful for you as you grow your own web agency? Share your experience in the comments below.