Do you want your brand to grow and have the same adoration and recognition as “Nike,” “Adidas” and “Apple?” If you want to be like them, you should concentrate on how you can use press release in promoting your brand awareness.
It’s how brand awareness works. The moment your followers and customers become aware of your brand, you don’t have to tell them again and again what your brand is. They will inject your brand in their lifestyle and buying decisions.
Press releases can boost brand awareness and build credibility for companies that want to grow visibility at the local, regional and international level. Distributing releases is a great way to tell your story and provides an opportunity to promote your brand to a wide audience in a way that will attract media attention.
Let’s first tackle what brand awareness is to fully understand how releases work.
What Is Brand Awareness?
Brand awareness is when your target audience becomes aware of and recognizes your brand. When a brand is highly recognizable, they are called “buzzworthy,” “trending” and “popular.” It is crucial during the early stage of promoting your business in the market.
Although it can’t be measured, it doesn’t mean that it is not important. Awareness is significant in the success of any business.
Why Brand Awareness Is Important
It promotes trust.
Earning trust is very important to a business, especially when consumers do in-depth research and seek people’s opinions before making purchasing decisions. Once consumers have built trust in your brand, they are more likely to make repeat purchases, without the need to think twice.
Awareness seals that brand trust. Putting a face to your brand makes it easier for the consumers to trust your brand.
It creates association.
When people are aware of your brand, they build association. They associate your products and services to your brand. Remember how people call tissues “Kleenex” and photocopiers “Xerox machines”?
Awareness builds brand equity.
With brand awareness comes brand equity or value. People place value on a brand when they have a positive experience with a brand. However, brand equity can be positive or negative, depending on the consumer’s experience.
How Press Releases Boost Awareness
Press releases represent an old tool that brands use to attract media attention. Many companies use them when launching a new product or service, or when announcing any significant company news.
Studies have shown that issuing releases regularly improves media presence in the local and international scene. The attention brands gain places them in the spotlight long enough to help grow brand awareness. Brands gain attention and credibility, thus increasing their brand awareness.
Public relations efforts like distributing releases can help improve business and product awareness among potential users and customers. A lot of small and big companies use releases in promoting their products and services for free.
It is an effective method to generate word-of-mouth promotion due to the credibility the company’s experts provide in the release. The facts it provides are also credible resources for the media.
“Without brand awareness, your business will be buried in the competition.”
1. Build Awareness Through Thought Leadership
Concentrating on becoming a thought leader in your industry will help you to have better brand recognition. When you have demonstrated your authority in your niche as an expert, consumers will trust you. They will treat you as an important resource that can help consumers solve their issues.
If you’re an expert in your field, and you can talk about a certain issue, it’s one way to build awareness to your brand. Write a release about a topic that you are knowledgeable about.
It will bring your brand into the spotlight. People will learn about you as well as the topic. As you come across different people in different channels, more people will become aware of your business and brand.
When you demonstrate your expertise, you’ll build your brand in front of new audiences. The more people reached by your brand, the easier it is for you to build awareness.
- Target industry publications. For instance, you can target industry publications to pitch your content. Write a release that highlights your knowledge and perspective. It’s a quick way to establish authority.
- Go to conferences and trade shows. You can also conduct conferences and trade shows and write an announcement about it. Issue a release to create engagement, and more people will attend the event. It’s your opportunity to promote your brand to establish brand awareness. An onsite event bridges the gap between online and traditional promotions and makes people become more aware of your business.
- Look for speaking engagements. Look for more speaking opportunities that can highlight your expertise and success stories. When you volunteer to discuss certain topics like at an industry conference event, you will be known as a thought leader in your arena. It’s a good opportunity to open up and tell the world about you and your business.
- Write white papers. You can also produce white papers and case studies. This is an excellent way to show how your product can solve issues that your target audience has.
2. Build Brand Awareness Through the Social Media
Social media is a very powerful way to connect with brands. Millions of profiles exist across multiple platforms.
This shows how in demand social media channels are, and how powerful they are for connecting people. Businesses can use them to build a connection with their target consumers. Creating solid social media profiles help them generate followers.
Choose a press release distribution service that offers a social media sharing option to help you in distributing your content across different platforms. Having the feature encourages visitors to share it straight from the page to their social media profiles.
There’s no doubt that it is an effective tool in generating awareness of your brand. Moreover, your content can have the opportunity to go viral easily on social media. The more likes, shares and comments, the higher your site will rank on search results.
Social media helps brands to boost their brand awareness. It is so easy for them to gain a wider reach, which is impossible for them to reach, without social media.
3. Build Brand Awareness Through Content
Writing and distributing press releases and other communication tools like blogs and articles is a great way to promote awareness of your brand among potential consumers, investors and customers. If done right, content like releases can help in establishing your consumer’s trust within your brand.
Here are tactics that you can apply to your future content to ensure that it is designed to promote brand awareness:
- Identify and list your buyer personas. This will help you in creating content that is personalized to your customers.
- Fit the buyer personas to the buyer’s journey.
- Write high-quality content that provides expert perspectives and insights. Present facts that will make your content more credible and trustworthy.
- Conduct keyword research to help you choose the right search terms to use in your releases.
4. Use the Right Distribution Service
When you use the right newswire company, your news will be distributed across different platforms and media. They have a network of media outlets, journalists and influencers who are more likely to see your news and have the interest to cover you.
The exposure you gain through a newswire promotes brand awareness. More people can access your content and share it.
The moment a journalist finds you as a great source of information, they will come back to you again and again. Eventually, they will become familiar with you and your brand. It increases your chance for media coverage.
Just be careful in choosing the distribution service that you’ll be using. You want to ensure that you consider your goals, target customers, budget, features and package.
5. Build a Media Center
A media center, pressroom or a press page is a great place to start communicating with your audience. Ideally, it is built to serve these three purposes:
- To provide the media with a useful tool that they can use in creating a story.
- To serve as a landing page to provide more information.
- To post links to your releases.
A media center is a place where you can tell people that your business is growing. Update it regularly to show that there are a lot of things going on with your brand.
Band awareness and trust go hand-in-hand. When people become aware of your brand, they will soon develop confidence in you. It is easier for them to make buying decisions once they trust you.
There’s no doubt that releases are a useful tool to ensure that people become aware of your brand. Remember that to create an impact and for people to remember your brand, you should prove that you are more than just a company that sells products.