Snapchat — the app designed to capture moments in small clips — is now becoming a great tool to generate revenues for businesses. Like other social media platforms, it contributes to promoting various niches by engaging target audiences with a host of fun-to-use features, whereby users can share snaps (photos) or stories (short videos).
Snapchat is becoming more and more friendly for businesses to use and can be an incredible way to boost brand recognition and mentions, especially for anyone participating in influencer marketing. Snapchat also now has it own Business Center for businesses that want to tap into the power of Snapchat to run advertising campaigns.
Snapchats statistics have skyrocketed over past years. If you’re not up to speed, here are the latest 2018 stats:
- Snapchat entertains around 300 million users, out of which 185+ million are daily active users (source)
- That is about 3x Twitter’s daily users, which is down around 67 million daily users (source)
- 3 Billion snaps are taken per day (source)
These stats highlight just how far the platform’s reach could be for the business owners. So with that in mind, here are a few tactics for utilizing Snapchat for your business.
Snapchat Marketing: Amazing Features
Snapchat is full of many different features, setting options that you can use, and types of posts that can be used to create maximum impacts on viewers. To run a successful Snapchat marketing campaign you can utilize the below-mentioned features.
For those of you who are brand-new to Snapchat, here are the various types of content that you can share on the platform:
- Images: Click images from your camera and upload them after editing with catchy titles. It allows portraits formats for images.
- Videos: Snapchat is famous for its small video clips (called stories).
- Messages: You can send messages similar to any other text app.
So then what can you do with these? Here are a few tactics to use on Snapchat:
- Send Snaps: Duh! Just send out snaps to whatever audience you have. And do it all the time! If you run an online store, you could keep your audience connected by sending updates of their orders via compelling snaps on Snapchats. If you have run a brick and motor business, you can send snaps of happy customers, great looking food, or a job well done.
- Stories: You have to unleash your creative side and realize that social media is about one thing: entertainment. It’s about amusing your viewers. Stories are a great way to do this. You can edit your stores adding in some music, do quick mini-reviews, lifestyle pieces, or whatever else you can come up with. Try something different and unique every time to entertain your Snapchat viewers. Stories are the most fun-filled way of educating target audience about your brand and its values while keeping them close to the organization.
Expert Editing Tools
Filters, editing tools like brush and Emoji’s are some of the most famous and loved features of Snapchat. Everyone seems to love them! You can also utilize them in the most creative manner for delivering your message across. With a paintbrush, you can edit pages and even write some text using the text-add-ins.
Some Super Strategies to Generate Instant Response
As you know that Snapchat is way different than any other social media marketing platform, therefore its campaign is designed using some unique tactics. Here is a list of some tried and tested strategies for generating instant responses. Take a look:
Offer Coupon Codes
For online stores, you can use Snapchat for generating traffic on your site. Offer discount coupons through your stories and engage potential leads. This is best done by connecting with an Influencer.
Connect with an Influencer:
One of the best ways of increasing your followers is by connecting with an influencer. Influencers are people who well connected and who often have a significant audience in your niche. Obviously the biggest influencers are celebrities and other high-profile individuals. Even if you’re a small business with a smaller budget, you can find influencers that have 100, 1000, or 5000 members in their audience who will gladly market your stuff for a cost inside of your budget or even just in exchange for your products or services.
People like to do what’s easy, so it can be a challenge to transition them from looking at a cute picture of their friend with a bunny ears feature to taking action to check out your products or services. They need a little prodding to take action. By creating urgency on your stories, you can urge your viewers to act before it is gone. Your snaps can be only 10 seconds anyway, so make your 10 seconds count!
Text Content in a Private Message
To those viewers who regularly follow your stories you can send content via snaps to motivate and engage them. Such a personalized gesture can help you convert many potential leads into prospective customers.
Track Results of Your Content on Snapchat
Though you cannot use in-platform analytics tools on Snapchat there are some ways you can track the progress of your stories and post on Snapchat as well.
Check out the few metrics that you can track:
- Who is viewed a snap
- Who is engaged to you via snaps
- Who responded to your story or snap
To check the effectiveness of your snap you can divide the number of total snaps uploaded with the total of snaps viewed. It will provide you with the snap opening rate. Plus, you can personally check the viewer’s list, there is an option available on the app that can help you access the list.
To Wrap Up
Snapchat is a platform just waiting to be utilized to help you grow your business! It can provide a very authentic, unique, and interesting way to promote your brand. If you want to start using Snapchat for your business but aren’t sure how, we have some digital marketing services (which include social media platforms like Snapchat) to help you grow your business!