Zen Theme has two showcase options:
- Widget Showcase (default)
- My Own Showcase
The Widget Showcase option lets you add an image to your pages using a widget, either the text widget (don’t add a title to it) or the Pixel Showcase Widget which lets you title your widget but it won’t show on the front-end of the site.
The other option let’s you choose your own slideshow, slider, or other media content plugin. Normally with these, you have to add a small bit of code to your theme file(s) for it to show up. This meant you had to open up your theme files, and find the area within the various html and php code to paste the plugin snippet in; not everyone likes to do this, so I made it a bit more simple.
Showcase Widget Setup
- Go to your Zen Theme Settings control panel and click on the Showcase panel
- In the group of settings click on the drop down for the Home Page Showcase and choose the Widget Showcase option
- Click Save Changes
- Go to your Image Library and get (copy) the URL path to your image you want to use. If you do not have one, you will need to prepare your image and upload it with the library function
- Go to your WP Widget manager and drag a Pixel Showcase Widget into the Showcase widget panel position
- Type in the info for each field that you need for this position: Title for the admin side, paste the image path, apply a link if you want to link this image to, and add your image description ALT tag.
- If you are using the Widget Logic plugin (which I recommend), you can type in your WordPress Conditional tag into the widget logic field that will show up in the lower left corner of your widget. This lets you publish this image to select areas of your website blog and not “everywhere” which is the default function of WP.
- Click Save