The Corporate 3 theme for WordPress is setup to give you a footer menu which is often common with most sites; links like:
- Terms & Conditions
- Contact Us
Setting up a Footer Menu
You have a small bit of coding to do but it’s easy:
- Go to your Appearance >> Menus
- Create a new menu by clicking on the Tab with the + symbol on it and then name your footer menu as footermenu and click on the Create Menu button
- Now you can begin adding menu links to this one
- When done, open the footer.php file and look for the code that begins like this: <?php //wp_nav …..etc.
- Remove the two forward slashes //
- Save the file
If all goes well, you should not see your footer menu show up. You might have noticed that the code in the footer.php file has a predefined name as “footermenu” in it. I did this by default but you can rename it to your own preference…just make sure your menu you created has the same name.
For information about disabling this footer menu from the footer.php file, you can refer to this setup tutorial titled as: Why do I see a footer menu showing my main menu?