I’ve been realizing that my work atmosphere sucks. I used to think it was a sweet think to be able to work from home, but what I have found is that when you work from home, you never leave the office. This can make it hard to compartmentalize my day because I eat, sleep, poop, market, and brainstorm billion dollar ideas all from the same place.
So what’s the solution? Well, eventually I’ll probably get an office, but for now, I just need to organize my stuff… as should be evident by these photos
As you can see, it’s about time to organize my office again. Here are the steps that I usually take to get myself organized. It makes work flow smoother and I’m sure it’ll help you too. Feel free to suggest more.
- Clean everything you can off your desk and dust it!! don’t want to be breathing in dust bunnies while you’re trying to work!
- Get the recycle bin, trash can, and a few file folders
- Turn on GrooveShark and start going through the pile o’ crap and either recycle / trash it, file it away, or put it in another pile which is your “to do” pile
- When you’re done, take a break to reward yourself and get a chilled coffee
- Come back and enjoy your new, clean work environment!
Now it’s my turn